This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Monday, May 10, 2010

New Tudor Book

Okay...so I'm not a big fan of the current fad of taking classic stories and rewriting them to include zombies, sea monsters, vampires, etc. Its just not my thing and I really haven't found any of them interesting (to me anyway...I know others get a kick out of them). Authors have even taken to rewriting the history of some very famous people (Queen Victoria is one that comes to mind) and turning them into zombie hunters, etc.

However, when I saw this post on a fellow blogger's blog, I did two things:

1. I almost spit the Coke I was drinking all over my computer screen.

and

2. Decided that this is one that I may just have to read.



From Amazon: HENRY VIII: WOLFMAN - DIVORCED. BEHEADED. DIED. MAULED. SAVAGED. SURVIVED? Henry VIII was the best and bloodiest King ever to have sat on the throne of England. This fast-paced, exciting, gory, inventive and just plain gross retelling of his reign will bring to light the real man behind the myth. When it came to his size, Henry VIII was known for being larger-than-life, with a fearsome temper and bloodthirsty reputation to match; more beast than human, some might say...Be dragged kicking and screaming back 500 years into Tudor England...


This will be released July 8, 2010 but I am not sure if it will be a UK only release at this time or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment