This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme originally created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is now located here. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Mailbox Monday is being hosted this month by The Bluestocking Guide.

Since my birthday was Sunday, I treated myself to an afternoon at the mall and dinner with a close friend. Of course, both of us being book junkies, we had to have a lengthy layover in Barnes and Noble. Here are my two purchases!


The Virgin Widow, Anne O'Brien

Being a Richard III fan I was immediately interested in reading this tale of his wife, Anne Neville. I haven't ever read anything by this author but it looked like an interesting read, especially since I don't know of any books from Anne's point of view (besides Plaidy's The Reluctant Queen).




Vlad: The Last Confession, C.C. Humphreys

This is a tale based on the life of Vlad Dracul, the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have never read anything about Vlad but I have seen a show on the History Channel about his life and thought this might be a very interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment