This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Monday, June 1, 2009

Why Boys Need Parents (or why you shouldn't let your 20 mth old around your scrapbooking supplies)

I love my son. He is the light of my life.

I love my scrapbooking supplies and I've paid dearly to have them all arranged so neatly on my table. I love just looking at all the stuff I've managed to accumulate over the past 2 years, including the little toolbox with all the drawers which holds all my little brads, eyelets, rhinestones, etc.

That is where I was wrong.

20 mth old boys LOVE toolboxes with little drawers. They love to open and close them. Many, many, times.

Open, close, open, close, peek at mommy to see if she's looking, open...grab as much out of the drawer and run with it!!!

Open, close, open, cl - peek at mommy - yank several drawers out and throw them on the floor!!

Oh what fun!

Little boys are lie metal and scrapbooking supplies are like a magnet. It pulls them right in. There are just so many fun things to get into!! Rub on pens, water pens, sissors, Stickles, ribbon, fun shaped rulers, BRADS, shiny rhinestones, paper that is fun to try to crumple up. It just goes on and on...

That is my battle every day. To keep my child from scattering tons of money's worth of scrapbooking supplies all over my house.

Hopefully I won't find any brads, eyelets, or rhinestones in any *INTERESTING* places (if you know what I mean) ....

No comments:

Post a Comment