This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Book Reviews and Such!

Yikes! I've gotten a bit behind in writing up some book reviews but I will get them up here. Expect my review on Mercedes Lackey's Gwenhwyfar to be up in a couple of days as well as The Boleyn Wife by Brandy Purdy. I will also try to get a review up of Manda Scott's Dreaming the Eagle as well. Wow...those three cover very different periods in British history! Arthurian to Tudor then back to Roman times! Keep checking back as I will have those up soon!

I also have a few fun things planned and a discussion on Anne Boleyn that I've been meaning to post and haven't gotten around to them either. Life just gets in the way sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment