This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jean Plaidy Challenge 2010


One of my favorite authors of historical fiction is Jean Plaidy. Some of her Queens of England series really solidified my love of this genre.

Arleigh and Lucy over at Plaidy's Royal Intrigue have a wonderful challenge starting now and running though the end of the year, full of fun and giveaways. Head over to the blog and check out all the details and sign up!


The levels you can join at:

LEVELS:
Ms. Carr: read 6 Books
Ms. Holt: read 8 Books
Grand Plaidy Lady: Over 12 books

At the end of the year, 1 winner will be picked from each level.

I will be aiming for the Ms. Holt level, though I may change that as the year progresses!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking our challenge! I just finished my first Plaidy novel yesterday: Victoria in the Wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I didn't mean to hit anonymous!

    ReplyDelete