This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Monday, January 11, 2010

Mailbox Mondays

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists!!

I have a few to share this week, including one I somehow forgot to post a few weeks back!



Her Mother's Daughter, Julianne Lee

While I'm not a huge Mary I fan, I am looking forward to reading this account of her life. It is always interesting to see familiar history through a new perspective.





Between Two Queens, Kate Emerson

This is the second book in her Secrets of the Tudor Court series. I'm always up for some good Tudor reads.





The Lute Player, Norah Lofts

I love Norah Lofts so I had to pick this reissue up about Richard the Lionheart. Having read Sharon Kay Penman's trilogy on Richard's parents, Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine, I'm looking forward to reading about his life. It will also hopefully hold me until Penman's next book about Richard is published!

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I am looking forward to reading Her Mother's Daughter too. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good set of books! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous. Enjoy! I only got one last week at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to get my hands on THE LUTE PLAYER...

    ReplyDelete