This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cats in History

As a follow up to my post yesterday about Shakespeare Cats, I thought I would share some more of Susan Herbert's creations with you.



The Romanovs



Emperor Napoleon

"Let them eat cat treats."

The Princes in the Tower

Nine Days Queen, Jane Grey


His Royal Catness, Edward VI


The appropriately named Cat Howard.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute - I'm thinking a few of them might make good bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Don't know which is my favorite, Nine Days Queen, Cat Howard or Let Them Eat Cat Treats :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would be so adorable, Daphne! You'll have to let me know if you do that! Would love to see a picture of them finished. :)

    ReplyDelete