This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shakespeare...in Cats!

I love Shakespeare.

I love cats.

Naturally a book entitled Shakespeare Cats is going to catch my eye. Susan Herbert took scenes from some of Shakespeare's most famous plays...and recast the rolls with cats! It is really adorable! Here are some of my favorite images from the book. I was able to scan some of the images myself...until my scanner decided to take a vacation and I had to go in search of some of the others on the internet. Once I get the technology up and running again I will upload some more of these adorable pictures! Enjoy!

Check back tomorrow for "cats in history!"


"Oh pussy cat, oh pussy cat, wherefore art thou pussy cat?"
Probably one of my favorites.

A cat nap?

"Go get some water and wash this filthy witness from your hand."

"Remember who commended thy yellow stockings..."
Malvolio and Olivia


"Come sit upon this kitty bed..."
Titania and Bottom


"We few, we happy few, we band of tomcats..."

"There's catnip, that's for remembrance."

"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!"
King Lear


"But if I gave my wife a catnip mouse -"
Iago to Othello


Cleopatra

3 comments:

  1. These are very cute, thanks for sharing. I love kitties too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the cat pics. Thanks for posting the graphic to my Tudor Mania Challenge, it's coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete