This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Saturday, August 22, 2009

Can't Believe it!!

My little boy is going to be 2 next month!! Where oh where did the time go? It seems like only a few days ago he was just this cheerful little baby who just sat in his bouncy seat laughing at Mickey Mouse. Now he's running all over the house with the Swiffer duster, pulling the bag of Fritos out of the pantry, getting his fingers stuck in the laundry room door, trying to press all the keys on my keyboard, and learning some words and body parts (the picture of the scrapbook page I made about his new words is posted here). He even follows directions pretty well (for a 2 year old of course).

He is such a little blessing! I couldn't have asked for a better little boy to have running around the house. Nothing compares to the feeling I get when I see that little smile peeking at me between his blanket and the mattress in his crib or when he lifts those little arms up to me to be picked up. I can't imagine life without him now. I love seeing how much he's learning and growing even though its sad to know that he's not a little baby anymore.

I look at him and wonder about the world I've brought him in to and what he'll have to grow up in and it worries me. I'm concerned because, besides for a small handful of words, he's really not talking and I know the doctor is going to want to put him in some stupid speech program. I hope the surgery he's just had on his eyes has corrected the problem and we won't have to go through that ever again. I worry that he's not going to have health care because some are trying to take it away from him at the moment (because he's a child you see and can't contribute to the community). I worry about his safety because this country certainly isn't safe at the moment. All I can do is pray that things will work out okay.








1 comment:

  1. What an adorable child! Don't worry about his not talking yet - he's just absorbing and thinking. One of my 5 didn't talk until he was nearly 4 but then he talked in whole paragraphs!

    Also, don't worry about the proposed health reform, he will still have full benefits even if you never get a job. Read the legislation and contact your congressman if there's anything you are worried about. Don't believe the silly lies some people are putting about.

    Your country is a lot safer than most, so just relax and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete