This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Monday, March 29, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists!

Got some at Borders this past week (even though they weren't what I actually went to get!) and got a couple in the mail as well.



The Traitor's Wife, Susan Higginbotham

This was the first of Ms. Higginbotham's works that I read and I really enjoyed it. I finally decided to add it to my personal library. The Despenser story was quite interesting.




A Favorite of the Queen, Jean Plaidy

I couldn't find a picture of this cover; it is one of the re-issues that are coming out. This Plaidy novel focuses on Robert Dudley, Elizabeth I's favorite. As I always enjoy Plaidy's books, I am looking forward to this one.


Hester, Paula Reed

This one showed up unexpectedly in my mailbox...after I'd already checked it out of the library and finished it. Haha. Still...it was an interesting book and I don't mind having it on my shelf. :)



The Queen's Governess, Karen Harper

This is another one that showed up in my mailbox unexpectedly! Harper's newest novel recounts the life of Elizabeth's closest friend Kat Ashley.

5 comments:

  1. Nice list. I have The Traitor's Wife on the shelf, just need to work it into the rotation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen's Governess looks enticing though most historicals do to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same problem in the bookstore. I come home with more than I went in for! Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete