This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Friday, March 26, 2010

Sad Sad

Oh happy day!

I left the house, hubby and 2 year old son in tow, 40% off coupon in hand, and headed to the local Borders to finally pick up Elizabeth Chadwick's The Scarlet Lion. I was just waiting for a good coupon to show up (and this one was only good until tomorrow!)!

I bee-bop out of the truck, letting the hubby run over to Target while I run in and pick up my loot (and probably browse a bit!). Taking the 2 year old into bookstores never works out well for me anyway. I hurry over to the literature section and anxiously scour the shelves, looking for the C authors. There they are!! Oh goody! Wait a minute...there isn't one book by Elizabeth Chadwick on the shelf. No worries...they probably have them somewhere else since the book was just released at the beginning of the month. I ask the very nice gentleman (who has helped me many times in the past) where the Elizabeth Chadwick books are.

What?? Do my ears deceive me?? Can you say that again???

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but we don't have that book in stock. In fact, we haven't even gotten our first shipment in yet. There should be three books here sometime next week."

Next week??

Only three??

I really didn't know what to say. The poor guy looked really sorry that the book wasn't there. So, I browsed and picked up a Susan Higginbotham book (which I've read but I wanted to own and read again) and a Jean Plaidy re-issue (which doesn't match the editions I have on my shelf but oh well). Its getting harder and harder to find books at bookstores that I don't already own! Haha!

So my happy day ended up a bleh day. I was really looking forward to getting my little paws on that book. At least I have two pretty new books to grace my shelf and add to Mt. TBR!!

Maybe next month...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'd be sooooo frosted if I was all hyped to pick up a new Chadwick and it wasn't there.

    IS IT MAY YET?

    ReplyDelete