This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Travel Input Needed!

I am hoping to travel to England in the beginning of the new year (I've heard that's an 'off season' and things will be a bit cheaper?) and I am saving up my pennies. I have never planned a trip overseas before and the only time I was in England was with a University group so everything was taken care of (air travel, rooms, transportation) so I am a bit nervous about trying to plan this on my own. :)

Tentative Itinerary:

1. London - Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Madame Tussaud's, Windsor Palace, Hampton Court

2. York

3. Leicestershire - Bosworth Battlefield and Museum

I have some questions for my readers out there and any input will be welcome. I am familiar with the Tube and the buses in London and I have traveled to Statford and Chawton on the trains so I'm somewhat familiar with that as well.

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a B&B in York? I've been looking at many listed on the Visit York website but I'm just worried about getting a nice place.

2. I'd like to avoid chain hotels in London as well and was looking at locally owned, smaller hotels.

3. How much do the trains cost? :)

Any information, opinions, suggestions, etc, anyone can pass along would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment