I am hoping to travel to England in the beginning of the new year (I've heard that's an 'off season' and things will be a bit cheaper?) and I am saving up my pennies. I have never planned a trip overseas before and the only time I was in England was with a University group so everything was taken care of (air travel, rooms, transportation) so I am a bit nervous about trying to plan this on my own. :)
1. London - Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Madame Tussaud's, Windsor Palace, Hampton Court
3. Leicestershire - Bosworth Battlefield and Museum
I have some questions for my readers out there and any input will be welcome. I am familiar with the Tube and the buses in London and I have traveled to Statford and Chawton on the trains so I'm somewhat familiar with that as well.
1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a B&B in York? I've been looking at many listed on the Visit York website but I'm just worried about getting a nice place.
2. I'd like to avoid chain hotels in London as well and was looking at locally owned, smaller hotels.
3. How much do the trains cost? :)
Any information, opinions, suggestions, etc, anyone can pass along would be great!