This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Monday, December 14, 2009

Mailbox Mondays

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists!!


I got two this week from two different book swaps! Yay for the holidays!


I received the first of the Outlander series from a holiday swap at Historicalfictiononline.com. Looking forward to reading it as it comes highly recommended.






After seeing a blog post about this book I added it to my Goodreads wishlist...and got it at my Book Club's book swap yesterday. Really looking forward to getting into this one.





I recieved this ARC to review through Bookpleasures.com and Sourcebooks. It is the beginning of a trilogy by the author that is being reissued.

2 comments:

  1. All beautiful covers - hope the books are just as good. I've got Outlander ready to start in January (for the challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to read the Gabaldon books one day... such a daunting feat! I have Young Bess in a 1940's leather bound edition, but I have not read it. The new cover is pretty!

    ReplyDelete