This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

  • The Stolen Crown, Susan Higginbotham

    Though I am not old - eight and thirty now - I have seen my fair share of crownings. My sister Bessie was my first.

    Because of our youth, Harry and I were to be carried on squires' shoulders during most of the procession - a subject Harry waxed indignant upon when we were told. "I'm too old for that! I stayed awake through our entire wedding, after all."

    6 comments:

    1. Oh, wow. Quite the head slapper when you get to the last line.

      Here's my teaser.

      ReplyDelete
    2. An interesting and intriguing teaser! My post is here.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds good! Haven't read her books yet but I ordered The Traitor's Wife.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Can't wait to read this one myself!

      My teaser is here

      ReplyDelete
    5. Would be a terrible thing to nod off during your own wedding! How interesting!

      Here's my teaser at my brand new website!

      ReplyDelete