This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. ~~William Shakespeare, Richard III



Friday, September 4, 2009

If I Were Producing a Movie - Edward II and Isabella

Another installment of my "If I were producing a movie" where I pick a historical person (usually from British history...come on...that's my specialty!) and I try to decide which modern actors and actresses I think would do an awesome job in the roles.

This time I'm gonna tackle an interesting period from British history...the story of Edward II, his neglected Queen Isabella, and his male favorites. This ought to get interesting!!

As always, if you can think of a more suitable person for a particular role, please let me know!!


Edward II -


Queen Isabella- Kate Winslett (I think she'd do a bang up job in this role!)



Piers Galveston - Henry Cavill




Hugh le Despenser - Paul Walker





Hugh le Despenser (the elder) - Mel Gibson John McEnery




Eleanor le Despenser - Debra Messing




Roger Mortimer - Jude Law




Prince Edward -

No comments:

Post a Comment